Friday, August 5, 2011

Downsizing and Appealing Head Shapes

What's the number one thing every dancer does immediately after her arangetram? Chop off her hair. In my case, it was item 9 or 10, but I finally got around to it. The results:

Finally!

This is my first for real hair cut in... basically since I moved to California 4 years ago. I'll get a trim every year or so, but that's about it, and even then, it's like a $25 hair cut. Once I got to dancing, I needed my hair to be long to facilitate braiding. I also couldn't have layers because they're a nightmare to braid with.

This time, I went for an unheardof $75 hair cut at my boyfriend's hair salon. Yes, that old cliche of the boyfriend who wants his lady to spend more money on hair care. I rolled with it, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

In addition to the nice hair cut I was also complemented on the height of the top of my head. That's a new one, but I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment