Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dance for Whiter Teeth

I had my first trip to the dentist of the year, and the hygienist commented that my teeth were a lot whiter than they normally are. Was I doing anything differently, she asked? At first I couldn't think of anything - I don't use toothpaste with any real claims of whitening, I don't use the fancy whitening treatments...

Mysteriously Sparkling

Then I realized - I've purposefully dropped caffeine-based teas out of my diet. This is mostly because caffeine is contraindicated in every sports nutrition book I've ever read. I wasn't a caffeine fiend - I typically drank maybe two cups of black or green tea a day. I've known for years that my teeth are particularly bad at picking up caffeine stains, but it was never something that bothered me enough to actively fix.

What a pleasant bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment