Sunday, May 22, 2011

Impromptu Holiday

This last week was by far the most social week I have had since... probably the New Year. My week was as follows:

Monday: Dance class
Tuesday: Dinner with friends of Ed's visiting from Singapore
Wednesday: Gws-Chix* Dinner
Thursday: Concert of French Hipster Sensation Yelle

Ask Ed for a lovely rendition of Safari Disco Club

I had roughly infinity times the amount of social activity in a week. To maintain sanity, I decided to take Friday off. It wound up not being much of a holiday - I slept in an extra hour, but then there was laundry to do, dishwashers to run, arangetram invitations to coordinate, and 2 hours of abhinaya practice to do. So it was a bit of a let down in terms of what I would normally expect from a 'holiday'. I kept reframing it to myself as an improvement over having to do all that stuff plus a full day of work.

I'm hoping to take at least one more dancing holiday before my interns start and I'm thoroughly chained to my desk. After July 9th, I'm looking forward to taking for realz holidays again.

7 weeks to go.

* 'GWS' is the team I work on at Google, and 'Chix' is an intragroup-appropriate expression for 'women'

No comments:

Post a Comment