Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Real-life Print Shop

When I was in elementary school, one of my favourite computer 'games' was called 'The Print Shop'. It wasn't technically a game - it was a tool for building stationery, greeting cards, and posters. Nothing spells fun to a 10 year old like paper product design! But for me, it was hours of fun.

Today, I got to visit a real-life print shop for the first time to get my arangetram invitations printed. After weeks of photographs and editing by my amazing graphics ninja sister, it was time to get the real thing. The owner of the shop was more than happy to geek out about the technical specs of the $6K machinery used to print out my hopes and dreams.

The Dream Machines

After some layout editing and image touch ups, my invitations were off. A few hours later, I picked up 300 of the final product.

Watch your mailbox!

Stupidly, it only occurred to me today that I should get the other invitation fixins (envelopes, stamps, etc), some of which is going to take a while to get here via amazon. With any luck, invitations will be in the mail early next week. Expect your's soon!*

* If you're in Canada, you'll probably need to wait a while longer if Canada Post goes on strike. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment