Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Room of One's Own, every Saturday from 10:30am-12:30pm

With my final month of training looming, wherein I am supposed to rehearse my entire program every day, I decided it was time to find a space in the city to practice in on Saturdays to avoid schlepping to the south bay for at least one day a week. Starting next week, I'll be back to working in Mountain View every day of the week since I'll have interns to tend to, so having a day when I don't need to commute is extra important.

After a week of researching spaces, e-mailing and calling, I finally heard back from a place that happens to be the closest to my house. The venue is Dance Mission Theatre and they run 3 dance spaces that are generally used for dance classes and occasionally rented out anyone who needs the space.

Considerably closer than Mountain View or San Jose

It's about a 5 minute walk away, so I don't have to worry about carrying all my crap far and I won't even need a change of clothes since I can get home very quickly. It's $20 an hour, which is the same or less than I would spend getting a Zipcar or gas+parking+break-in's for my boyfriend's car, plus I save 2 hours of my life from driving which is worth a lot to me at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment