Saturday, March 19, 2011

Friday night at home

Following my rescheduled private class Friday night and a long week of work, I decided that I was going to coop myself up in my apartment and prepare my own food for the night. I didn't have a lot at my place to work with and I was too lazy to go to the grocery store. So I prepared one of my signature dishes: frozen dumplings in instant broth.

The dish requires boiling 4 frozen dumplings for 8 minutes:


For the broth, I mix a small amount of each of green onions, red pepper, Sreeracha sauce, and lime juice.


Then add 2 tbsp-ish of vegetable soup broth and hot water. Then add the dumplings in and serve. As I'm new to publishing my "recipes", I of course forgot to take a picture of the finished product. Believe me, it looked very delicious. I also threw out all the packaging before I could note the nutritional information, but it was somewhere upwards of 10g of protein for a reasonable amount of calories. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. I like that frozen dumplings and instant broth constitutes "preparing your own food".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe at more apt term would be "accessorizing food"?

    ReplyDelete