Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pilates: The Yuppidom Progresses...

This morning I met up with Radha and Erin for pilates. This was my first time trying pilates - I went since I haven't seen Erin since she had her baby and it was one of the few times she had time to socialize. It's also supposed to be really good for your core, and I figure I could use some more of that for dance.

I got to the class feeling pretty smug - I bet none of these other people dance 5 times a week! How long can they sit in aramandi for?? However, I was working in the class. Even on the leg exercises, which I thought would be a breeze, I was feeling the burn. There were plenty of women my mom's age there who were putting me to shame.

I'm glad I was wrong. It seems like pilates might be a good addition to my exercise schedule. For one, it's way better than the core work I've been doing once a week by myself, so I can replace that with pilates on the weekend and free up some more time during the week. Also, for the next few weekends, I won't be going to Sunday dance class because of Saturday rehearsals, so I'll actually be around Sunday mornings.

This is an exciting development.

No comments:

Post a Comment