Friday, March 25, 2011

Juggling Act

This week and next week are going to be crazy lead up to show weeks. That means I have practice every other day on top of finding time to practice on my own and keep up my arangetram pieces and especially my stamina training. To make things extra exciting, there are a few birthdays and a visitor to throw into the mix.

On top of that, all my relationships are getting strained at this point. The two reactions I'm observing now are 1) I'm gradually worked out of event planning since I can never make it to anything and 2) feeling neglected. I think those are two very reasonable reactions, although in the short term I think I prefer the first because the second makes me stress out even more. Sigh.

Yesterday I got stuck at work waiting until 7pm to use the gym. They've decided to shut down the (much less busy) gym I've been using the in the afternoons for this week and the perpetual capoeira classes in my primary gym made it impossible to practice any earlier. Today, I'm stuck at work until 7pm waiting to go to late dance practice. I decided I would take it easy this morning and catch the late shuttle in so I could fit in some relaxing time. I went to Boogaloos, the best brunch place in town. In spite of a mild wait (at 9am on a weekday?? yes.), I had my usual fabulous tofu breakfast burrito with black beans and a fresh squeezed orange juice with a side of nook for reading. Yum!
nom nom nom nom!

Now it's off to work, then dance practice, then home, then dance practice, then home, then pilates, then dance practice, then enjoy the 20% of my weekend leftover. Oof.

No comments:

Post a Comment