Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Corporate Sponsorship

While I'm not usually a fan of excessive branding, I made an exception this week for my new TOM's shoes. For those of you living outside of hipster circles, TOM's shoes are very basic canvas (and occasionally other organic) material slip on shoes.

They are fairly expensive for what they are - about $50 at their most basic. However, they are incredibly comfortable and cover the tops of my feet, which is key for keeping my feet warm in San Francisco's perpetually coolish climate. Also, they had a strong endorsement from one of my dance classmates, Meena, who has excellent taste in pretty much everything. So I finally got a pair of the red ones.

The TOM's website has a fun feature called "How we wear them". As far as I can tell, there has yet to be a "We wear them to Bharatanatyam class!" posting, so Meena and I decided to submit one. It's going to take another day or two to get "approval" (presumably they have human screeners to weed out "We do <gross sexually explicit activity> in our TOMs!" posts). In the meantime, here's our sneak preview:

Lord Shiva, atop His vehicle the bull, both wearing their red TOMs

Thanks to Meena for being such a great sport, and to Shriya for taking such a great picture.

1 comment:

  1. Follow up: We made it to the site!

    http://www.toms.com/how-we-wear-them/index/index/category_id/36/?p=3

    ReplyDelete