Sunday, April 17, 2011

How to Cook Something Vegetarian

One of my post-arangetram resolutions is to learn to feed myself like an adult. Based on some of my showcased recipes, it's pretty clear I have a long way to go. In that spirit, my boyfriend bought me some winning cook books to get me started. After a few episodes of Mildred Pierce on a lazy Sunday night, I was adequately inspired to give it a go. Since I wanted something sugary and I had some freshly purchased limes, I went with the Coconut Lime Bar recipe from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian.

After about 10 minutes of preparation, I was reminded of how much work baking is, but I persevered. Another 50 minutes or so, and I had an edible-looking coconut lime sheet.

Lime: Bad for dying hair, Good for feeding tehmle

Taste verdict: delicious!
Future modifications: less sugar, more lime

No comments:

Post a Comment